Did you know the month of April is also National Stress Awareness Month? Yeah. I mean, it makes sense. April was definitely stressful as I spent the whole time preparing—and panicking—for my Eurotrip (I leave in 2 weeks, AHHH). But April was also an AMAZING month! So many fun experiences and great things happened to me. ModCloth came to Austin which alone led to new opporunities; I got to host my first event as a blogger for an international clothing company that I adore, I met lots of lovely Austin bloggers (including Bonnie of Flashes of Style who is now my new favorite person) and ModCloth's founder, and was even featured on the ModCloth website where I got to brag about my favorite city. I'm so lucky!
Let's see, I also went to the UT spring football game where my friends and I sat in the rain (our spirit couldn't be broken), created an Instagram account for discovering food around Austin (follow me and I'll love you forever), got to see James Bay play at Austin City Limits, went to the annual weenie dog races, went out dancing A LOT, and discovered a new-found love for EDM music fests after I got a last-minute invite to Euphoria (which was so fun!!). Oh yeah, and I RAN MY FIRST 10K!! I beat my personal best time by 10 minutes and didn't stop to walk once. I couldn't believe it! It's only April & I already crossed off one of my biggest goals for 2016. I'm feeling pretty proud of myself lately.
4.26.2016 • austin, austin guide, featured, life
Photos provided by Laura Morsman Photography
It was also so great getting to meet the CEO, Co-Founder, and staff of ModCloth—everyone was so sweet! This was my first hosting event as a blogger, and I was just a huge bundle of nerves, but everyone there was so genuine and welcoming that I felt better right away. I am so lucky to have had this opportunity, and I want to thank the ModCloth team for letting me be a part of it! If you're in Austin, be sure to visit their shop before it heads to the next town—you can find it on 249 W 2nd Street!
p.s. My dress is from ModCloth, and you can buy it here!
ModCloth is coming to Austin, and I'm co-hosting their grand opening this Friday! If you happen to be in the area, I'd love to meet you! Join me for the #ModClothIRL kick-off tour Friday evening (4/8) around 5pm at 249 W. 2nd Street! There will be food, drinks, live music, and plenty of cute clothes to shop! I hope to see some of you there!
Facebook event RSVP
ModCloth IRL Tour details
4.01.2016 • life
Today is my five year blogiversary! FIVE YEARS OF BLOGGING. Geez, that's a long time. I have sweaters and friendships that haven't even lasted this long with me. This blog started out as a hobby for sharing my personal style and a space to write about literally nothing but has now developed into an important part of my life. I've had some great opportunities, made connections with awesome people, and have even scored jobs in my career field—all because of this blog. My blogiversary snuck up on me this year, so I have no cute photo of me with a cupcake this year (so cliché); so instead, here's five random facts about me, because why not?
- I am an only child. Every time I tell people this, their reaction is always the same: "Uh ohhhh." Excuse me, but I think I'm a pretty well-adjusted functioning member of society. I just don't like to share my stuff, and I'm super impatient. Being an only child was great as a kid, but now I wish I had siblings more than anything!
- One time when I was 3-years-old I fell on my face at the zoo, and I now have a permanent scar on my lip from the incident. I didn't discover this scar until I was in high school. It makes applying lipstick a pain in the butt.
- Marriage and having kids scares the hell out of me. Most of my friends talk about it like it's just the natural next phase of life, but I constantly wonder if that life is for me or if I'm meant for something else. But then I think if I don't follow the "normal" path, will I just end up left behind? Basically, the future is terrifying, haha.
- I cherish my alone time, but I also hate being alone. I've come to realize this over the past year when I moved out on my own for the first time, broke up with my long-term boyfriend, and also started working from home. The combination of these three things have made me feel more alone than ever before—and to put it bluntly, it sucks.
- I am a planner. By Monday I am already reaching out to friends and organizing my weekend. My work weeks are scheduled on my calendar by the hour of what I have to do. Sometimes even my months are planned ahead of time. I'm also constantly thinking of what's going to happen next which makes it really hard for me to ~live in the moment.~ It's a curse and a blessing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Happy birthday, blog. Sorry you were created on the most annoying day of the year!