My birthday is on Wednesday, and I don't really have a lot of feelings about it, to be honest. Having a birthday the day before (or even the week of) Thanksgiving is kind of a buzzkill. It always has been. Friends are either working or out of town already, so I usually have to find other means to entertain myself. Next year my birthday is actually ON Thanksgiving, so I'll probably just be putting candles in some yams instead of a cake. Which is fine since I don't even like cake. I'm down with yams though.
People asked me what I wanted for my birthday this year, and I honestly didn't know what to say. My birthday wishlist gets shorter every year because there aren't many things I want anymore. Instead I try to think in terms of things I need; like if I ran out of my favorite facial cleaner or I'm in need of a new eyeliner (as shown above). Birthday gifts to me are more meaningful when they're more of an experience like a trip, a concert, or even a simple dinner. When someone gifts me their time, I appreciate it the most. But you can't really put those things in a blog post, so we'll stick with this for now! It's a short list, but here we go:
1. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner: I got to try the trial version earlier this year, and I've been hooked ever since. I've been doing the winged eyeliner look since the 7th grade, so I've tried a lot of liquid liners since then. This one is just top notch, y'all.
2. Ray-Bans: I've never bought expensive sunglasses, and I know I don't NEED them. But these have been on my wishlist for so long that I'm gonna keep hoping they'll one day find their way into my life and onto my face.
3. Scrappy Little Nobody book: I adore Anna Kendrick. I read an excerpt from her book awhile back and knew I had to read the rest of it as soon as possible. People often say that they want Mindy Kaling to be their best friend (and I love her too), but I think Anna and I are on the same level of dorky-ness.
4. Car charger: Okay, this I actually need, haha. My phone dies on me while I'm out & about all the time! My birthday wishlist is so glamorous, I know.
5. Work out mat: I have a thin work out mat right now that has been ripped to shreds. I think I bought it for $10 at Target. I keep meaning to buy a thicker, more legit one since it's easier on my back and wrists. Old age, I tell ya.
6. Portable Bluetooth speaker: It doesn't have to be this one; I'm just not super tech-savvy when it comes to knowing what the best brands are. I was given TWO portable speakers last Christmas, and since then they both have busted on me. Now I have to put my phone in a bowl to play music like a peasant.
7. Black beanie: Basically just because I lost the only other black beanie I had. This past weekend temperatures dropped to the 50s, and I was freezing with no winter accessories at the ready! Every year I forget what cold weather feels like, so I'm usually unprepared when it finally hits.
8. Adidas 'Superstar' sneakers: I know, I know, how basic of me to want a pair of shoes that everyone seems to have. But y'all, they go with EVERYTHING; I've seen them styled so many different ways, and I am definitely a sucker for a good versatile shoe.
9. Khiels skin care line: As I mentioned above, I ran out of my favorite face stuff. It's pricey, but it's the best.